"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around the outside of your body "
This quote struck me. I completely agree with it. I connect with it so much because I am living it. Having a baby is thee most amazing and exciting experience but also the scariest and most worrisome experience at the same time.
I love watching him learn and grow. It is exciting to see him do the most simple things that as adults we take for granted (walking, sneezing, rolling, babbling, grabbing things, laughing). Having Kaden I feel complete. I love taking care of him, feeding him, bathing him, holding him.
But at the same time I hate listening to him cry thinking he is in pain or unhappy. I get scared every time we take him somewhere in the car. I worry about him when I am away from him and when he is sleeping (yes I am the mom that wakes up in panic looking/feeling to see he is still breathing). When he stands on furniture and bumps his head and I feel so bad and worry he is going to have a concussion (lol sometimes not always).
It is the biggest decision I have made during my 22 years of life. It has been hands down the best decision, but a decision that literally impacts my life forever. It is pretty crazy when you think about it.
I am responsible for raising Kaden and making sure he has every opportunity to succeed. This is only the beginning... 7 months down, forever to go!
:)
Totally agree!!!!!! I check easton all night to make sure he is breathing!!! You are such a good mom!
ReplyDelete