Monday, March 12, 2012

Mommy at age 22

When I got pregnant and had Kaden, I received a lot of comments about how young I am.  Sure 22 is young but hey at least I am not 16.  I am so happy to be a mom at this age for many reasons:


  • my body adjusted and bounced back to normal very fast during and after pregnancy
  • I am already used to interrupted sleep and lack of sleep from being a college student
  • I have my whole life ahead of me to grow WITH my kids
  • I want a big family and I want to be around to watch them have kids and their kids have kids
  • When Kaden graduates from HS, I will only be 40. I like that # :)
  • I want to be active with my kids and grand kids
  • Kids will be in college when I am just turning fifty so early kids = early retirement for Chris & I
  • I have a lot of energy to multitask and do it all (working out, taking care of Kaden, cleaning the house, getting my degree) 
  • etc....

Don't get me wrong, being a mom while finishing school and working is hard work but since I am young, I do have my whole life ahead of me. I can relax when all the kids are out of the house and I will only be 50 :) 

I actually don't even remember what life was like without Kaden.  My life must have been really boring.  I feel like I really started living and enjoying life ever since Kaden came to the world.  I don't regret anything and I didn't miss out on anything having him early.  

Life is awesome with babies!

*Note: I do agree with waiting until you find someone you truly love and want to be with for the rest of your life before having kids as well has having a steady source of income (babies are $$$$), however everyone has their own  story and each path is different so if your happy and your babies are happy then more power to you :)

I also see on facebook people posting about how everyone is having babies right now and sometimes they are rude comments.  Helloooo we have been out of HS for 5 years so of course at some point we are going to move on with our lives and do something with them whether it be a career, grad school, making a family, getting married.  I really think you are just insecure with where your life is at right now.  If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it.  Babies aren't gross and women in their 20's who get pregnant aren't dumb.  They are living life and enjoying it.  The End. 

ah. I love him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment