My son will be ONE!
Chris and I were laying in bed last night thinking wow....how much has happened in one year. We were remembering what we were doing this time last year and boy I am so glad I am not in labor right now :)
My labor experience was very interesting. It didn't go as I thought it was going to go at all. I thought I was prepared from the birthing classes....but it went nothing like the class said it would.
I was admitted to the hospital at about 10pm on August 17th and was 3 cm. Then at 3 am on the 18th, I was told by all my nurses and doctors that I would be meeting Kaden today!! Well that didn't happen. I made it 17 hours with no drugs except pictocin, then I decided to get the epidural. I was running on no sleep and no food in my belly. All I wanted was a chocolate milkshake or a big can of sprite!! I got stuck at 5.5 cm but thankfully the epidural allowed my body sleep and relax and I progressed to 7 cm but got stuck AGAIN for a couple more hours.... eventually I made it to 9cm and pushed myself to 10cm. I thought that was it and that Kaden would slide right out.. I forgot you had to push! I pushed and pushed and pushed....and pushed some more... I kept on telling my doctor to just cut me open and give me a c-section. The epidural was worn off, I could feel everything. Three hours after pushing, my doctor said okay you have 4 more pushed or were going to have to do an emergency c-section. On the fourth and final push Kaden came! He was born at 6:38 am on August 19th, 20 inches and 9lbs 13 oz :) I was so happy but couldn't believe what my doctor said, "Wow, we should have done a c-section in the first place" Oh sure you say that now after 30 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing and tons of stitches down there!!!
Labor...what an adventure....
But yes...Kaden is ONE year old tomorrow! I can't believe it! :) He took a few steps today. He is basically walking but I won't call it official yet... I'm not ready for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment